20 Steps to Get Started with the New Google Classroom
- Create a new class.
- Click on the Classwork tab.
- Click on the Create button.
- Create a topic called “Today.”
- Click on the Create button and create a topic called “About/Resources.”
- Click on the Create button and create a topic called “Unit 1”
- Click on Create and create an assignment for your syllabus. Set it to be ungraded. Add your syllabus and assign.
- Click on Create and create a question. Ask a question to get to know your students. Set the topic to “Today.”
- Add any additional resources to the About/.Resources topic and activities to the Today topic.
- Click on the Stream tab.
- In the header is the option to change the theme or upload a picture. Try this template to add an image that points to Classwork.
- Click on the settings cog at the top.
- Click on the pencil to set a description for the class.
- Locate the class code and click the tiny triangle next to it to display the code.
- Ask students to go to classroom.google.com and click the plus icon in the upper right to enter the join code you are displaying.
- Direct students to the Classwork tab to answer the question in the Today topic.
- Ask students to review resources you’ve uploaded and to mark them as done.
- Point out that when marked as done, the icon on the assignment stripe is grey.
- Ask students to click on “View Your Work” at the top of Classwork to see the status of their assignments.
- Click on the 3 dots on the assignments listed under the Today topic and choose edit. Change the topic from Today to Unit 1.
Link to Graphic Link to Google Doc of the list
1 thought on “20 Steps To Get Started with the New Google Classroom”
You must log in to post a comment.