Free for educators is a premium account for using FigJam from Figma. A quick and easy form gains you access to upgrading your FigJam account. Digital whiteboarding has never been so fun! FigJam is a collaborative whiteboard space where possibilities turn into plans. It is a sister product to Figma, a popular design tool used by professionals around the world. FigJam is available for free to students and educators, and it offers a wide range of features that can be used in the classroom.
Step One is Getting Started
Head over to figma.com/@education to learn more about FigJam. Check out one of the many pre-made templates.
The fastest way to get started with FigJam is to go to FigJam.new. This starts a new collaboration space.
FigJam Free for Educators
Obviously with a digital whiteboard you can use a pen, but FigJam has so much more! Check out the built in timer to keep your lesson on pace. Add a poll, have students respond with emojis, and much more!
What are the top features of FigJam for educators?
Here are some of the top features of FigJam for educators:
- Real-time collaboration: FigJam allows students to work together on projects in real time, even if they are not in the same physical location. This makes it a great tool for group projects and assignments.
- Timer: The built in timer in the upper left of your FigJam file makes it quick to give students time to think and share their ideas.
- Sticky notes: FigJam’s sticky notes feature is a great way for students to brainstorm ideas and share their thoughts. Students can add sticky notes anywhere on the canvas and vote on each other’s ideas.
- Widgets: Built in widgets add fun and functionality to your FigJam. Polling, photo booth, flip a coin, Table, calendar, dice, voice memo, alignment scale, Giphy stickers, bar chart, estimate stickers, line chart, emoji, button, activity tracker, Simple Vote, lil notes, lil todo, Timeline, GitHub, Rock Paper Scissors, and more!
- Drawings and diagrams: FigJam’s drawings and diagrams feature allows students to create and share visual representations of their ideas. This is a great way for students to communicate their thoughts and ideas to others.
- Templates: FigJam offers a variety of templates that can be used for a variety of activities, such as brainstorming, planning, and prototyping. This can save teachers time and make it easy to get started with FigJam.
- Presentations: FigJam can be used to create presentations that are both informative and engaging. Students can add images, text, and videos to their presentations, and they can even use FigJam’s interactive features to create more engaging presentations.
As we set sail into the ocean of teaching, we need to cruise to less stress with tech. There is no magic bullet, but tech can provide opportunities for supporting.
New to using Google Forms? This tool is essential for teachers to not only save time but to be adaptive to student needs. Use Forms to survey students, play games, personalize instruction, and assessment. This infographic on the 7 basic steps for a Google Form will help you get started.
The age old question, how to add a background in google docs. For a long time this was not possible without hacks. Now you can easily add a background image to Google Docs and print it!
Wanting to gamify your class with badges? One option is to create badges in Google Sheets. Create a list of achievements and add a badge for each one.
Check out this flexible use Classroom Jeopardy Template in FigJam. Make a copy and customize for your classroom content. Add tutorials and support resources for students to get extra help.