By Guest Blogger Melody McAllister
Flocabulary is a student-centered, teacher-friendly tool that you must have for this next school year! Your students will LOVE it and you will too!
10 Reasons You Need Flocabulary
10. They have songs for every subject and every grade level from K-12, including songs for current events and social emotional skills. Check this song out about managing worry.
9. Flocabulary is Hip-Hop + Vocabulary and the songs are as good as what our students hear on the radio. They’ll get stuck in your brain and keep you singing, but that’s okay because it’s good stuff stuck in that brain of yours! Check this song out about How To Find Area & Perimeter:
8. Week in Rap and Year in Rap keep students plugged into current events! You could even get your class spotlighted! Check this video out about the Year in Rap 2019:
7. It’s FUN!! It gets you moving! It’s a great way to instigate curiosity and even review content.
6. Every Video comes with whole class and individual activities you can do with your students or assign your students such as Vocabulary Cards, Vocabulary Game, Read & Respond, a Quiz, AND
5. LYRIC LAB!!!! Lyric Lab is an activity that allows students to write their own raps while giving them key vocabulary. It generates rhymes AND even allows students to choose the MUSIC. It’s the highest form of learning and also the most fun!
4. Teacher Resources with every lesson that are standard-based. So it’s fun, interactive, and can fit nicely into your best lesson plans!
3. You can create lessons and import classes from Google Classroom
2. It teaches Digital Citizenship, comes with a free trial, and you can even find free videos on Flocabulary YouTube channel. I know that’s really three reasons, but my number one reason for loving Flocabulary is the most important reason of all….
1.This summer many of us made commitments to be Anti-Racist educators. Flocabulary can help us in this mission. When we use Flocabulary regularly, every student is going to see themselves represented at some point. EVERY STUDENT. Representation matters. Also, there is a section dedicated to Racial Justice and it comes with a guide to help educators navigate through these videos and learning moments. Flocabulary isn’t here to judge you, but they are here to help you, especially if it’s the beginning of this journey for you. I’ve been using Flocabulary for years and the people of Flocabulary take this mission very seriously to help all of us fight for racial equality, prepare ALL of our students for 21st Century Skills, and help them develop a love of learning.
A little Flocabulary Birdie told me that next week, the lite subscription is going to allow students to access videos on their own, play the vocab game, do the read & respond, and the quiz. This allows for differentiation and exploration for students even if the school doesn’t have a subscription! And we have a Flocabulary Educator Facebook Community where you will find resources and support. We’d love to have you and for you to find your top ten reasons for loving Flocabulary!
About the Author
Melody McAllister is a wife, mother of five, educator, and author. She and her family relocated to Alaska from the Dallas area in 2019. McAllister is 2017 Garland NAACP Educator of the Year and author of the I’m Sorry Story. This children’s book helps students and teachers/parents develop dialogue about taking owndership for wrong doing and making it as right as possible. She is also the Logistics Manager for EduMatch Publishing. McAllister has spoken at ISTE and ASTE about equity issues in education, and writes about her journey in her blog, HeGaveMeAMelody.com. Reach out to McAllister if you are interested in an author read by contacting her on Twiter @mjmcalliwrites or emailing her at email@example.com.[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column] [/et_pb_row] [/et_pb_section]
1 thought on “Top 10 Reasons You Need Flocabulary”
Amazing. Is it available on playstore.
You must log in to post a comment.