April 2020: Unfortunately it appears this site is no longer available. Nothing lasts forever, especially free tools. Try Google Chrome Canvas. Try Jamboard by Google. Try whiteboard.fi.
Web A Skeb Online Drawing App
Posted by Erin Whalen
Etch A Sketch was a favorite toy beginning in the 1960s. Now there is an online version of the famous toy.
The Web a Skeb has horizontal and vertical “knobs” similar to a traditional Etch a Sketch and has a shake button to erase your drawing. Unlike the original toy, Web a Skeb has three modes or styles, Fast, Fancy, and Fanciest.
Geometry and Art
Challenge your students to see what they can come up with – geometric shapes, artwork, and more. The possibilities are endless.
- Try to make a circle.
- Make isosceles, equilateral, and scalene triangles (or obtuse, right, and acute).
- See how many different shapes you can make.
- Write your name.
- Make a logo for a for your future company.
From K-12, there are plenty of ways to use this fun app.
- Practice fine motor skills. No rules – just play!
- Write sight words
- Indoor recess activity
- Study the history of the toy
- Learn the science that makes Etch a Sketch work
- Make a comic strip
- Practice fractions by splitting the board into sections and shading them in to show the fraction
How will you use Web A Skeb in your classroom? Share your ideas on Twitter with the hashtag #WebASkeb.
You must log in to post a comment.