Send Personal Emails to All Your Students
If you have ever wanted to email an individualized note to each student, it can be tedious to compose an email per student. Use the template below to easily write a note to each student and send the note through email.
- Use the Add-ons menu to locate “Send Comments.”
- In cell B2 title what the note or comment is in reference to.
- In addition to the personalized note, you can add an overall note that goes to each student. Write this note in cell F2.
- Copy and paste your student roster into column A.
- Copy and paste each students email address into column B.
Suggestion: Use the File menu to make a copy of the spreadsheet to create your own template that already contains your students email addresses.
- Write each student an individual note or comment into column E.
- Since you pasted the entire roster into column A, there may be students who you do not wish to email a comment. Place an X in column C for any student who should not receive an email.
Email Each Student a Note
After setting up the spreadsheet, use the sidebar menu to click on the “Send Emails” button. This will generate an email to each student.
If you are a Google Apps for Education school (of course you are) and the script does not work, it is possible that the person who manages your Google Apps domain has blocked 3rd party scripts. Try running it in Gmail instead of your school account to see if that solves the issue.
6 thoughts on “Email Each Student a Note”
LOVE this! Teach P.E. and will use this so often. I made a copy and inserted my comments. When the email sent, it placed “Comment on” in front of my actual comment. I changed that box to read “Good News:” but it would save it or email it. Any suggestions? Thank you!
I intentionally created this to be super basic. The email it sends is a template you can not edit. (You can if you are not intimidated to edit the script by going to the Tools menu and choosing script editor.) So the bad news is that to use this script, you have to accept the emails the way they are. It is intended to be a fast way to email each student a personal note. Hopefully you have a roster of your students names and email addresses that is easy to copy and paste.
So to be super explicit- I can edit the script to change pieces if i want to? I would like to remove the “Comment on” and the Roster name from the subject line… Thanks in advance for confirming this for me! I absolutely LOVE that you created this; if i can make these edits then this will be a huge time saver for when I have to email passwords and usernames out to kids and parents.
To change the default email…. you need to edit my code. Go to the tools menu and choose “Script editor” and then edit the message. Not for the faint of heart.
You must log in to post a comment.