A feature in Google docs is the ability to create a table of contents.
- Start a google doc
- From the insert menu create a table of contents.
- This will insert at the top where the table of contents will go. You will have to update each time you have new parts to your TOC.
- The TOC will automatically be populated by your use of headings.
- Pay attention to which heading your are using. The larger the heading number the SMALLER the heading size. But your TOC will indent appropriately based on the heading size. So a Heading size 4 will be under a Heading size 3.
- To make the TOC show up you will need to go to the top and click on where the TOC is located and click the update button.
2 thoughts on “Table of Contents in a Google Doc”
I love this. I can’t wait to use it.
You must log in to post a comment.